TOWN OF STETSON
Date: February 11, 2015
Charles Leighton opened the meeting by leading the Pledge of
A. ROLL CALL
Charles Leighton, Donald Carroll and Priscilla Dorman were
present. (Brenda Clark and Danny Withee were absent.
B. MINUTES OF THE MEETING
1. Approve Meeting Minutes of January 28 2015.
Upon motion by Priscilla Dorman, seconded by Don Carroll, it was unanimously voted to approve the January 28, 2015 Meeting Minutes with the amendment of a (t) added to Barriault.
C. QUIT CLAIM DEEDS
1. Payroll Warrant — Approve warrant # 17
Upon motion by Priscilla Dorman, seconded by Don Carroll,
it was unanimously voted to approve Payroll Warrant #17.
2. Expenditures — Approve warrant # 22 & 23
Upon motion by Charles Leighton, seconded by Don Carroll, it was unanimously voted to approve AP #22. Upon motion by Don Carroll, seconded by Priscilla Dorman, it was unanimously voted to approve AP Warrant #23.
E. BOARD OF ASSESSORS
II. OLD BUSINESS
1. Bounced Check Policy
Tabled for a full Board.
III. NEW BUSINESS
1. Winter Plow Contract (verifying proposed changes to go out to bid) Completed at previous Budget meeting.
2. Trash Contract.
Upon motion by Charles Leighton, seconded by Don Carroll, it was unanimously voted to extend the Trash Contract for 1 (one) year with Sullivan's Waste.
IV. COMMITTEE REPORTS
A. ANIMAL CONTROL Nothing.
B. APPEALS BOARD Nothing.
C. CEMETERY Diane will provide copies of contracts for discussion at next meeting.
D. CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER Nothing.
E. E911 Nothing.
F. EDUCATION Diane informed the Board that she has met with the Rhonda Sperry to fill out forms for the Bond Bank dealing with the new school.
G. EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS COMMITTEE Nothing.
H. EMT/RESCUE Nothing.
I. FIRE DEPARTMENT Kim Tracy was present and informed the Board that the Department is in need of new pagers because of the Penobscot towers. Kim will also reach out again dealing with the repair of the generator.
J. MEETINGHOUSE Nothing.
K. PARKS & RECREATION Nothing.
L. PLANNING BOARD Nothing.
M. PLUMBING INSPECTOR Nothing.
N. RECYCLING & SOLID WASTE COLLECTION Diane reported that Eco Maine has been in touch with the school
0. ROAD COMMISSIONER Mr. Barriault was present and reported that there is approximately 600 to 700 yards of sand left. Mr. Webber feels that the town will be all set with the remaining materials. There is also approximately 8 to 10 yards of Salt left also. Con-census of the Board was to also instruct Mr. Barriault to put on hold on the Road Improvement funds of approximately $15,000 to possible add to at Town Meeting for additional paving. The Board also requested that any paving estimates be provided in writing for the Board to look over.
Barriault stated that the Town may be in need of some culverts.
P. STATE LEGISLATIVE CORRESP Don will be attending another meeting tomorrow.
Q. TREASURER Nothing.
R. WELFARE DIRECTOR Nothing.
S. MEMORIAL COMMITTEE Nothing.
T. OTHER Nothing.
Tax Collector training coming soon.
VI. PUBLIC COMMENTS
VII. SELECTMEN COMMENTS
VIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION
Upon motion by Priscilla Dorman, seconded by Don Carroll, it was unanimously voted to go into Executive Session per 1 MRSA 405 (6) (F). (6:40 p.m.)
Upon motion by Priscilla Dorman, seconded by Charles Leighton, it was unanimously voted to come out of Executive Session and back to Public Session. (7:10 p.m.)
Upon motion by Priscilla Dorman, seconded by Don Carroll, it was unanimously voted to grant a Proverty Abatement in the amount of $2,339.75.
Upon motion by Priscilla Dorman, seconded by Charles Leighton, it was unanimously voted to adjourn the meeting at 7:30 p.m.
Minutes recorded by;