TOWN OF STETSON

SELECTMEN’S MINUTES

Date:  February 12, 2014

 

 

 

I. OPEN MEETING

A. ROLL CALL

Brenda Clark, Priscilla Dorman, Hal Hand, Charles Leighton, and Danny Withee were present.

 

            B. MINUTES OF THE MEETING

                        1.         Approve December 11, 2013 Meeting Minutes.

                        Diane recommended to the Board to accept the transcript that was provided to her by Mrs. Dorman because the transcript could be challenged because her recording of that meeting has been deleted and no longer available if someone requested to verify transcript to recording.

                        Upon motion by Charles Leighton, seconded by Hal Hand, it was unanimously voted to approve the December 11, 2013 minutes as written.

                        2.         Approve January 22, 2014 Meeting Minutes.

                        Upon motion by Danny Withee, seconded by Brenda Clark, it was unanimously voted to approve the January 22, 2014 Minutes as recorded.

 

            C. QUIT CLAIM DEEDS 

             None.

 

            D.  WARRANT

1.   Payroll Warrant:  Approve # 18 (1 week) #19 (2 week and monthly)

            Upon motion by Hal Hand, seconded by Danny Withee, it was unanimously voted to approve Payroll Warrant #18.

            Upon motion by Charles Leighton, seconded by Hal Hand, it was unanimously voted to approve Payroll Warrant #19.

 

2.    Expenditures:  Approve #24 (Foreclosures) #25.

Upon motion by Priscilla Dorman, seconded by Brenda Clark, it was unanimously voted to approve Warrant #24.

Upon motion by Priscilla Dorman, seconded by Hal Hand, it was unanimously voted to approve Warrant #25.

 

            E. BOARD OF ASSESSORS       

            Nothing.

 

II. OLD BUSINESS

1.            Open Public Comments policy changes.

Charles Leighton addressed the Board and the Public:  Charles apologized for the mis-understanding that he displayed in dealing with “Public comments” on the agenda.    Charles read aloud quidelines (see attached)  recommended by MMA for consideration of the Board to follow.  The Board will take these suggestions into consideration and discuss them at the next meeting.

 

III. NEW BUSINESS

 

 

III. COMMITTEE REPORTS

            A.  ANIMAL CONTROL       Diane informed the Board of the positive response that was received from the public for the reminder phone calls that Sandy placed for the reminder of licensing their dogs.          

            B.  APPEALS BOARD  Nothing.

            C.  CEMETERY        Nothing.       

            D.  CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER   Nothing.

            E.  E911         Nothing.

            F.  EDUCATION       Nothing.

            G. EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS COMMITTEE     Nothing.

            H. EMT/RESCUE     Nothing.

I.   FIRE DEPARTMENT      Bucky Morneault was present and again addressed the concerns of the entry door to the Fire Department.  The Board agrees the door needs to be fixed, but it would not be feasible this time of year to jack hammer.  Bucky stated all is going well within the department and there are 2 guys going to the Fire 1 & 2 trainings to be certified.  Also himself and Karl Tracy will be attending the Instruction Certification School in October.

            J.  MEETINGHOUSE           The board would like to go over the present contract and prices for rental.  The costs of maintaining the Meeting House are rising and then board needs to research ideas to supplement those cost.  The church group pays $100 per month for rental and also make donations towards fuel cost.    The heat needs to be turned down to 55% after rental  to also help with cost.  Consensus of the board that they support the building being used and compliment the church group on taking good care of the building.  Brenda will contact Connie Merrill to discuss the citations received by the Department of Labor and how to handle those citations.  Diane will again check on the railings.

K. PARKS & RECREATION          Nothing.       

L.  PLANNING BOARD        Nothing.

            M. PLUMBING INSPECTOR          Nothing.

N. RECYCLING & SOLID WASTE COLLECTION         Nothing.

            O. ROAD COMMISSIONER           Mr. Barriault was present and stated that he hoped to remove the road postings in March and to have the high spots in the roads graded sometime in March.  He has received a lot of complaints from Everettes Landing residents.

P.  STATE LEGISLATIVE CORRESP      Noted the potential decrease in Revenue Sharing and the changes in Discontinued roads.

            Q. TREASURER      Noted foreclosures notices due March 7th.

            R.  WELFARE DIRECTOR             Very Busy and for the first year to possibly be forced to over spend the budget line.

 

            S.  OTHER   

            Nothing.

 

IV.          TRAINING

Diane requested to close the office for 2 hours on February 18th for a web-ex glass provided by trio.  Consensus of the Board was to close the office from 9:30 to 11:30.

 

V.           PUBLIC COMMENTS 

 

 

VI.          SELECTMEN COMMENTS

 

 

VII.         EXECUTIVE SESSION

None.

 

VIII.        ADJOURNMENT

Upon motion by Priscilla Dorman, seconded by Charles Leighton, it was unanimously voted to adjourn the meeting at 7:10 p.m.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________Brenda Clark

 

____________________________________Charles Leighton

 

____________________________________Priscilla Dorman

 

____________________________________Hal Hand

 

____________________________________Danny Withee

 

 

 

 

Minutes recorded by;

Diane Lacadie