TOWN OF STETSON
Date: JUNE 23, 2021
I. OPEN MEETING
Millard Butler opened the meeting by leading the Pledge of Allegiance.
A. ROLL CALL
Millard Butler, Leslie Merrill, Brenda Clark, Tammy Buswell, and Danielle Withee were present.
B. MINUTES OF THE MEETING
1. Approve June 9, 2021 Meeting Minutes
Upon motion by Brenda Clark, seconded by Leslie Merrill, it was unanimously voted to approve the June 9, 2021 Meeting Minutes.
2. Approve April 28, 2021 Meeting Minutes
Upon motion by Danielle Withee, seconded by Brenda Clark, it was unanimously voted to approve the April 28, 2021 Meeting Minutes.
C. QUIT CLAIM DEEDS
1. Advantage Payroll Warrant #24
Upon motion by Millard Butler, seconded by Brenda Clark, it was unanimously voted to approve Payroll Warrant #24.
2. Expenditures #30
Upon motion by Tammy Buswell, seconded by Danielle Withee, it was unanimously voted to approve AP Warrant #30.
E. BOARD OF ASSESSORS
The new list of valuations was given to the Board. The Assessing Agent will be at the next meeting to answer any questions.
II. OLD BUSINESS
1 Foreclosure Buy Back Contract (Tabled)
2 Personnel Policy (Tabled)
III. NEW BUSINESS
Diane reported to the Board that there is a need for a new Hava Computer for Elections and Registrar of Voters and Diane will check on price with Jeff Perry.
Diane also requested the office be closed on June 30, 2021 for EOFY. Consensus of the Board was to close on June 30, 2021.
Danielle Withee suggested removing the link on the website for old minutes as they are not available at this time due to having a new domain.
Monthly treasurer reports were requested from the Board.
Consensus of the Board was to have all requests for information put in writing and responses in writing.
Diane requested that Sandra Kerr be added as a second signer on the
T D Bank Account. Unanimous approval.
III. COMMITTEE REPORTS
A. ANIMAL CONTROL Nothing.
B. APPEALS BOARD Nothing.
C. CEMETERY Julie Brownie was present and stated to the board that they should consider a Cemetery Contract for next year.
Also to look at the purchasing of signs that would cost $10 to $20 each. Millard Butler recommended 2 signs at each cemetery. Julie will get a written price on the signs.
Julie was also concerned about tree trimming, and a large maple tree. Millard will take a look at the tree.
D. CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER Nothing.
E. E911 Nothing.
F. EDUCATION Steve Ingalls will forward some emails.
G. EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS COMMITTEE Nothing.
H. EMT/RESCUE Nothing.
I. FIRE DEPARTMENT Levant’s Fire Chief Eric Srout was present and presented the Board with a report.
Eric reported the recap of responses and that all of Stetson’s trucks were up and running well.
Questions noted were:
Are the Stetson trucks responding to calls? Eric stated that there is a Stetson resident on the Levant Fire Department,
so yes they are used to respond and for such uses as hydrant flushing.
Millard Butler questioned the estimated dollar amount that is needed to maintain the trucks on a yearly basis. Mark McKay (Assistant Chief of Levant) stated that he proposed
at budget time that approximately $8,000 is needed and that only $5,000 was approved.
Millard questioned if response time would suffer if Stetson trucks were not available? Eric stated yes; such as a car fire next to a house could make
4 minute difference of Levant arriving and make a difference.
J. MEETINGHOUSE Danielle Withee questioned the repairs to the sheetrock that was previously wet from the flood. Brenda Clark will contact Nevin Miller for an estimate to repair.
Mark McKay will seed out back from the previous repairs to the drainage. And possibility of installing some dehumidifiers to deal with the musty odors would make a difference.
K. PARKS & RECREATION Nothing.
L. PLANNING BOARD Nothing.
M. PLUMBING INSPECTOR Nothing.
N. RECYCLING & SOLID WASTE COLLECTION Nothing.
O. ROAD COMMISSIONER Nothing.
P. STATE LEGISLATIVE CORRESPONDANCE Nothing.
Q. TREASURER Nothing.
R. WELFARE DIRECTOR Nothing.
S. OTHER Nothing.
Vitals and Taxes.
V. PUBLIC COMMENTS
Rita Albee questioned the time frame of Road Side mowing, the roads that she was concerned about are State Roads and maintained by the State.
Jody Lyford questioned the $4,000 used from Capital Improvement. Diane will again look into it.
Steve Ingalls questioned plans for paving, and the Board stated that Joe Gray could answer his questions.
Steve also stated that the valuation for the Town is approximately 93 Million and an 80% impact on the formula used by the school and the state.
VI. SELECTMEN COMMENTS
Danielle Withee stated that she would like to see a time scheduled for the pressure washing of the Fire Station and the paint used that was donated to paint the inside of the station,
this is the time of year to do it. Danielle also mentioned the diesel fuel in the tank that was used to fill the trucks.
Eric reported that the trucks are fueled in Levant and that the fuel in the tank is most likely jelled. Consensus of the Board was to have the fuel removed.
Leslie Merrill recommended getting bids out for sand.
Brenda Clark noted the echo problem in the Community Room and that we should consider doing something to help fix the issues.
Events such as Elections and Town meeting are very difficult to hear the individuals speaking.
VII. EXECUTIVE SESSION
Upon motion by Danielle Withee, seconded by Leslie Merrill, it was unanimously voted to adjourn the meeting.
Minutes are recorded by; Diane Lacadie