TOWN OF STETSON

SELECTMEN’S MINUTES

Date:  June 26, 2013

 

 

 

I.      OPEN MEETING

Don Carroll opened the meeting by leading the Pledge of Alligiance.

 

A.   ROLL CALL

Donald Carroll, Brenda Clark, George Hockstadter, Charles Leighton, and Danny Withee were present.

 

B.  MINUTES OF THE MEETING

                        1.         Approve Meeting Minutes of June 12, 2013.

                        Upon motion by George Hockstadter, seconded by Brenda Clark, it was unanimously voted to approve the Minutes of June 12, 2013.

 

                        2.         Approve Annual Town Meeting Minutes (June 15, 2013)

                        Upon motion by George Hockstadter, seconded by Danny Withee, it was unanimously voted to approve the Annual Town Meeting Minutes (June 15, 2013).

           

C.  QUIT CLAIM DEEDS 

                        None.

 

            D.      WARRANT

           

1.        Payroll Warrant – Approve warrant  #29 (2 week) and #30 (end of fiscal year).

Upon motion by Charles Leighton, seconded by George Hockstadter, it was unanimously voted to approve Payroll Warrant # 30.

 

2.        Expenditures – Approve warrant  # 40

Upon motion by Charles Leighton, seconded by Brenda Clark, it was unanimously voted to approve AP Warrant # 40.

 

F.    BOARD OF ASSESSORS

                       

******Don Carroll was presented with a (fake) petition requesting to change the Name of the Town from the “Town of Stetson”, to the “Town of Coboro”.  This had been an ongoing joke amongst the board all year.*********

Don Carroll also volunteered to complete the assessing with the Assessors agent this year.

 

II.    OLD BUSINESS

1.

None.

 

III.   NEW BUSINESS

 

Announcement:

1.    Office Closing June 28 (Fiscal End of Year)      Announced.

2.    LPC Representative Discussion

Don Carroll reported that he can no longer be a member of the

LPC as he is no longer a Selectmen.  Diane Lacadie has been appointed his alternate for the next 2 years.

 

IV.  COMMITTEE REPORTS

A.  ANIMAL CONTROL                  Nothing.         

B.  APPEALS BOARD                   Nothing.

C.   CEMETERY        the Board signed 2 Cemetery Deeds, and it was noted the Clark’s Hill fence is in need of painting, and Mt Pleasant is in need of repair and painting.

D.   CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER               Diane reported that the proper permits have been paid for on the Tasker property and Al will now start the inspections.         

            E.  E911          Nothing.

            F.  EDUCATION          Don Carroll reported the Ground Breaking should be around February of 2014 and that he will remain on that Board of Directors.

            G.  EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS COMMITTEE                Nothing,       

            H.  EMT/RESCUE                Nancy Watson was present.

I.  FIRE DEPARTMENT      Kim Tracy resignation (see attached)

            J.  MEETINGHOUSE           Connie Merrill reported that the Light has been fixed.

K   PARKS & RECREATION          Don Carroll reported that units from the  Armed Forces has been contacted to participate in the Stetson Days parade.  Don is going to help with the parade, and Jody Brasslett is in charge of games.

L.  PLANNING BOARD       Nothing.

            M. PLUMBING INSPECTOR         Nothing.

N. RECYCLING & SOLID WASTE COLLECTION         Nothing.                  

            O. ROAD COMMISSIONER            William Barriault was present and reported that the light at the Sand and Salt shed is broke and on the ground.  Barriault questioned the status or intentions of paving another section of road.  The Board requested at least 3 estimates.  Barriault also questioned the proper procedure dealing with culverts in front of driveways.  The Board stated that the first culvert is the responsibility of the land owner and after that the responsibility of the Town.  Barriault also questioned a culvert that is on the Stetson / Exeter line.  Consensus of the Board was to request that Exeter deal with it.

            George Hockstadter also stated that ditching on Burleigh Road would be impossible because of the trees.

 

P.  STATE LEGISLATIVE CORRESP      Don Carroll reported that the Governors proposal has been vetoed.  We should have a budget yet. 

Q.   TREASURER     Nothing.

R.   WELFARE DIRECTOR                        Nothing.

S.   MEMORIAL COMMITTEE        Brenda stated that something needs to be done to the Memorial Garden.  It looks disgraceful and would like to do something before the 4th of July to make it more presentable.  Brenda will look into shrubs and flowers. Something with a little less maintenance.

 

T.    OTHER   

 

V.           TRAINING

Nothing.

 

VI.          PUBLIC COMMENTS    

Priscilla Dorman:  Thanked both Don Carroll and George Hockstadter for their years of service to the Town.

 

VII.         SELECTMEN COMMENTS

Brenda Clark:  Thanked George Hockstadter for his service and presented Don Carroll with a plaque for his years of service.  Consensus of the Board was to thank both Board Members.

 

VIII.       EXECUTIVE SESSION

None.

 

IX.          ADJOURNMENT

 

Upon motion by George Hockstadter, seconded by Charles Leighton, it was unanimously voted to adjourn the meeting at 7:10 p.m.

 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________Donald Carroll

 

____________________________________Brenda Clark

 

____________________________________George Hockstadter

 

____________________________________Charles Leighton

 

____________________________________Danny Withee

 

 

 

 

Minutes recorded by Diane Lacadie