TOWN OF STETSON

SELECTMEN’S MINUTES

Date: JUNE 26, 2019


I. OPEN MEETING

Brenda Clark opened the meeting by leading the Pledge of Allegiance.


  1. ROLL CALL

Brenda Clark, Millard Butler, George Hockstadter, and Leslie Merrill. (Charles Leighton was absent)


B. MINUTES OF THE MEETING

1. Approve June 12, 2019 Meeting Minutes

Upon motion by George Hockstadter, seconded by Brenda Clark, it was unanimously voted to approve the June 12, 2019 Meeting Minutes.


Approval to Town Meeting Minutes.

Upon motion by George Hockstadter, seconded by Leslie Merrill, it was unanimously voted to approve the Annual Town Meeting Minutes.


C. QUIT CLAIM DEEDS

None.


D. WARRANT

1. Advantage Payroll Warrant #27

Upon motion by Millard Butler, seconded by George Hockstadter, it was unanimously voted to approve Payroll Warrant #27.


  1. Expenditures #32

Upon motion by Millard Butler, seconded by Leslie Merrill, it was unanimously voted to approve AP Warrant #32.

Millard Butler questioned routine maintenance being done on the E MS vehicle. Chad Lucas informed us that the vehicle was road worthy and inspected, but no major repairs had been done in a couple of years.


E. BOARD OF ASSESSORS

Danielle had spoken with Leslie Merrill, and she will attend the next meeting.

II. OLD BUSINESS


  1. Meeting House Playground Agreement

Consensus of the Board was to sign the agreement, along with the Pastor, Melvin Yonder, who was present.


  1. Any Town Meeting discussion

Millard Butler recapped some concerns mentioned at Town Meeting:

To add to the Warrant for next year to make the Fire Department Account a carry – Over account.

Clark’s Hill cemetery road access: Joe will look at the road and give an estimate.

Insurance for Cleaning.

Salt and Sand Shed camera: Leslie will get cost estimates.

Playground equipment: Slide has a hole believed due to vandalism.


Millard Butler also reported that he has spoken with Newport and how they handle the water levels with the dam. The Town Manager and Head of Public

Works recommended to stay away from the State maintaining and keep the maintenance at the Town Level.



III. NEW BUSINESS


*****Storage Building to be relocated from the Fire Station Complex to the Town Office location to allow the office staff to empty the files to allow Parks and Rec to use the building for storage.

Joe Gray will talk to Newport for a quote to move.


*****Diane informed the Board that there was a back-up/plugged toilet in the office, and the Septic was completely full. The toilet was unplugged, and the septic was partially pumped to fix the problem.

Consensus of the Board was to have the Septic completely pumped and to get a quote for doing so.



III. COMMITTEE REPORTS

A. ANIMAL CONTROL The 2 dead dogs were noted on Coboro Road, and Diane will Contract the ACO to see what has been done with the complaint.

B. APPEALS BOARD Nothing.

C. CEMETERY Noted above under Town Meeting discussion.

D. CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER Nothing.

E. E911 Nothing.

F. EDUCATION Nothing.

G. EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS COMMITTEE Nothing.

H. EMT/RESCUE Chad Lucas was present and stated that the EMS vehicle is now 9 or 10 years old.

I. FIRE DEPARTMENT Carl Tracy was present and stated that the overhead door relays need to be replaced. Carl will get a cost estimate to do so. Carl also reported that there are now 12 members.

J. MEETINGHOUSE Nothing.

K. PARKS & RECREATION Shannon Furrow was present and reported that T-Ball has finished and there will be more teams to play in August.

Shannon also stated that Parks and Rec have never been responsible for the Playground equipment.

L. PLANNING BOARD Nothing.

M. PLUMBING INSPECTOR Nothing.

N. RECYCLING & SOLID WASTE COLLECTION Nothing.

O. ROAD COMMISSIONER Joe Gray was present…….

P. STATE LEGISLATIVE CORRESPONDANCE Nothing.

Q. TREASURER Nothing.

R. WELFARE DIRECTOR Nothing.

S. OTHER Diane thanked George Hockstadter for always remaining at the Selectmen’s meetings until she felt safe.


IV. TRAINING

Nothing.


  1. PUBLIC COMMENTS

Jody Lyford questioned the need of a dehumidifier for the summer, she also stated that the gutter that was put in place is not working properly.

Jody had other questions, and Diane requested that she put together a list and Diane would research the answers.


  1. SELECTMEN COMMENTS

Brenda Clark also questioned if there should be a camera inside the salt and sand shed. Brenda also questioned the high step entering the community area of the building

and that it is a hazard and some residents struggled entering and exiting during voting and town meeting. Joe Gray will give an estimate to fix the problem.

Brenda also questioned the pile of dirt on the Delate Road, Joe Gray stated it has been taken care of.

Leslie Merrill reported that the lot marker that was complained about being broken off by the plow trucks is

only 5 to 6 inches off the dirt road. Leslie will provide a new rod for the land owner.

George Hockstadter thanked the Board for working with them over the last years, as the Board thanked George for his service.


  1. EXECUTIVE SESSION

None.


  1. ADJOURNMENT

Upon motion by George Hockstadter, seconded by Millard Butler, it was unanimously voted to adjourn the meeting at 7:15 p.m.







__________________________________Charles Leighton


__________________________________Brenda Clark


__________________________________Millard Butler


__________________________________George Hockstadter


__________________________________Leslie Merrill


Minutes are recorded by;

Diane Lacadie