TOWN OF STETSON
Date: JULY 12, 2017
I. OPEN MEETING
The meeting was opened with Diane Lacadie starting the Pledge of Allegiance.
A. ROLL CALL
Charles Leighton, Brenda Clark, George Hockstadter, Millard Butler, and Danny Withee were present.
1. Election of the Chairperson
George Hockstadter moves to appoint Millard Butler as Chairperson. Motion died for lack of a second and Millard declined as he will be out of state for a few months,
and this will be a learning year for him.
Danny Withee moved, and Brenda Clark seconded to nominate Charles Leighton as Chairperson. Voted 5 to 0 to approve.
Brenda Clark moved, Danny Withee second to nominate George Hockstadter as Vice Chairperson. Voted 5 to 0 to approve.
Also noted that Brenda Clark will write the Selectmen’s Corner for the News Letter that needs to be out.
B. MINUTES OF THE MEETING
1. Approve June 28, 2017 Meeting Minutes
Upon motion by George Hockstadter, seconded by Charles Leighton, it was voted 4 to 1 to approve the June 28th meeting minutes.
Millard Butler declined, as he was not a Selectperson at that meeting.
C. QUIT CLAIM DEEDS
1. Advantage Payroll Warrant # 1
Upon motion by Danny Withee, seconded by Brenda Clark, it was unanimously voted to approve Payroll Warrant #1.
2. Expenditures # 1
Upon motion by Danny Withee, seconded by Brenda Clark, it was unanimously voted to approve AP Warrant #1.
E. BOARD OF ASSESSORS
II. OLD BUSINESS
1 Roadside Mowing
To be put out to bid in the next Rolling Thunder for 1 week and bids to be due back on July 26, 2017
2 Paving Projects
Diane was given a sample add to change dates, town, etc and to put in the next Rolling Thunder for 1 week and bids to be due back on July 26, 2017.
III. NEW BUSINESS
1 Mold / Asbestos Testing Elementary School
Diane informed the Board that there is a texting company in Lewiston that test for both mold and asbestos.
This would save money by not having 2 different companies and charging travel. George Hockstadter stated that he does not seem to think more testing need be done,
as the school tested for asbestos in 2015. Diane stated that the insurance letter dealing with their inspection stated that they want an updated test on both,
and want the report in writing showing the certification of the tester. Millard Butler stated that we should get the testing set up, consensus of the other Board members was to do the same.
Diane will set it up and contact 2 board members to be present.
2 Paving projects
Discussion took place on completing paving on the Mt. Pleasant Road and another smaller project that would fit within budget.
III. COMMITTEE REPORTS
A. ANIMAL CONTROL Nothing.
B. APPEALS BOARD Nothing.
C. CEMETERY Nothing.
D. CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER Nothing.
E. E911 Nothing.
F. EDUCATION Nothing.
G. EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS COMMITTEE Nothing.
H. EMT/RESCUE Nothing.
I. FIRE DEPARTMENT Diane was instructed to invite someone from the Fire Department to the next meeting.
J. MEETINGHOUSE Connie Merrill was present and reported issues with the flush not filling up. Diane also noted the possible same issue with the office flush.
Consensus of the board was to call Gilman’s and ask them to check it out. Connie also stated she is still looking for a new stove for the meeting house.
K. PARKS & RECREATION Nothing.
L. PLANNING BOARD Nothing.
M. PLUMBING INSPECTOR Nothing.
N. RECYCLING & SOLID WASTE COLLECTION Diane noted the “Big Trash Day” is on October 21st, 2017
O. ROAD COMMISSIONER William Barriault was present and he reported that he did a culvert on Mt. Pleasant Road that was damaged by beavers.
Barriault stated there is another one that needs to be done. Barriault stated that there is a mile of dirt road above Hipsky’s that is really messed up and will need 15 to 20 loads
of gravel and regraded, and estimated cost of $8,000 to $10,000. (this discussion prompted the vote below (other) of setting the minimum bid.
George Hockstadter questioned the stump in the middle of the road on Lapoint Road. Barriault felt that the pot holes are much worse and in need of repair first,
and the stump can be patched when paving projects start.
P. STATE LEGISLATIVE CORRESPONDANCE Nothing.
Q. TREASURER Diane requested the office be closed on Monday, July 31, 2017 to have the new computers installed, the new “live” printer for BMV installed.
Consensus of the Board was to close. Diane also reported that there are potentially 219 30 day notices going out for potential tax liens.
R. WELFARE DIRECTOR Nothing.
There was much discussion on road work and dollar amounts of the projects. The Board has listened to the Public many times when questioning
why these smaller projects are not put out to bid.
Upon motion by George Hockstadter, seconded by Millard Butler, it was voted 3 to 2 to set the minimum bid at $10,000.00.
IV. TRAINING None at this time
V. PUBLIC COMMENTS
Mark Karum stated that the recently paved roads are cracking and suggested to have them sealed to maintain longevity. The Board agreed.
VI. SELECTMEN COMMENTS
Charles Leighton and the Board members welcomed Millard Butler to the Board.
Danny Withee noted that he has heard that Route 143 is not going to be repaired until 2012 and questioned if some form of petition can
be put in place to move that date up as it is in very poor shape.
Brenda Clark will contact Carol as to how she done this process in previous years
VII. EXECUTIVE SESSION
Upon motion by George Hockstadter, seconded by Brenda Clark, it was unanimously voted to enter into executive session per 405 (6)(A) and 405 (6)(F).
No Action taken at this time.
Upon motion by George Hockstadter, seconded by Danny Withee, it was unanimously voted to adjourn the meeting at 7:45 p.m.
Minutes are recorded by;