TOWN OF STETSON

SELECTMEN’S MINUTES

Date: SEPTEMBER 25, 2019


I. OPEN MEETING

Brenda Clark opened the meeting by leading the Pledge of Allegiance.


  1. ROLL CALL

Brenda Clark, Charles Leighton, Leslie Merrill, and Danny Withee were present. Millard Butler was absent.


B. MINUTES OF THE MEETING

1. Approve September 11, 2019 Meeting Minutes

Upon motion by Charles Leighton, seconded by Brenda Clark, it was unanimously voted to approve the September 11, 2019 Meeting Minutes.

C. QUIT CLAIM DEEDS

None.


D. WARRANT

1. Advantage Payroll Warrant # 7

Upon motion by Danny Withee, seconded by Leslie Merrill, it was unanimously voted to approve Payroll Warrant #7.


  1. Expenditures # 8

Upon motion by Charles Leighton (with reservation), seconded by Danny Withee (with reservation) it was unanimously voted to approve AP Warrant #8.


Consensus of the Board was to transfer $200,000 from the undesignated account to the checking account.


E. BOARD OF ASSESSORS

Consensus of the Board was to sign the Assessors Certificate as previously voted.


II. OLD BUSINESS


  1. Update on Town Office Parking Lot

Joe Gray reported that the parking lot should be completed by November.


  1. Update on Storage Building

Joe Gray reported that he has still not received a response. Diane will try to get the building moved by Pine View as there are records in the building that are needed.


III. NEW BUSINESS


  1. Approval of Community Center Contract

Upon motion by Brenda Clark, seconded by Charles Leighton, it was unanimously voted to approve the Community Center Rental Contract.


III. COMMITTEE REPORTS

A. ANIMAL CONTROL Nothing.

B. APPEALS BOARD Nothing.

C. CEMETERY Brenda Clark reported there is a partial tree down in the Coboro Cemetery.

D. CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER Nothing.

E. E911 Nothing.

F. EDUCATION Nothing.

G. EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS COMMITTEE In need of one.

H. EMT/RESCUE Nothing.

I. FIRE DEPARTMENT Nothing.

J. MEETINGHOUSE Nothing.

K. PARKS & RECREATION Nothing.

L. PLANNING BOARD Natasha Grover would like to become a member of the Planning Board or Board of Appeals.

Diane will contact her as to which one as there are opening on both boards.

M. PLUMBING INSPECTOR Nothing.

N. RECYCLING & SOLID WASTE COLLECTION Nothing.

O. ROAD COMMISSIONER Joe Gray reported that grading will start next Thursday.

P. STATE LEGISLATIVE CORRESPONDANCE Nothing.

Q. TREASURER Nothing.

R. WELFARE DIRECTOR Nothing.

S. OTHER Nothing.


IV. TRAINING

MMA Convention next week


  1. PUBLIC COMMENTS

Brent Dorman asked if tax bills have been mailed out yet, Diane reported that they have been

Jody Lyford requested that the metal rack in the community room be removed as it will no longer be used. Consensus of the Board was to have the rack removed.

Jody also requested that the holes in the serving area of the kitchen be filled in as they are no longer needed for trash disposal.

Consensus of the board was to allow the holes to be fixed. Jody questioned if the Red Cross has to approve the building for an emergency shelter, Diane was not sure,

but will look into it. Jody also stated once everything is up and running to be rented in its full capacity, that the board consider additional charges for the rental of the kitchen facilities.

  1. SELECTMEN COMMENTS

Danny Withee updated the Board on the ATV access trails. The signs would have to be purchased at the expense of the town and placed at the end of each Town road.

The state only provides funds for State roads. Sign Services will match the price of signs, and Danny will look into the total cost.


  1. EXECUTIVE SESSION

None.


  1. ADJOURNMENT

Upon motion by Charles Leighton, seconded by Danny Withee, it was unanimously voted to adjourn the meeting at 7:40 p.m.






__________________________________Brenda Clark


__________________________________Millard Butler


__________________________________Charles Leighton


__________________________________Leslie Merrill


__________________________________Danny Withee


Minutes are recorded by; Diane Lacadie

Diane Lacadie