TOWN OF STETSON

SELECTMEN’S MINUTES

Date:  September 26, 2012

 

 

 

I.      OPEN MEETING

The meeting was called to order by Don Carroll leading the Pledge of Allegiance.

 

A.   ROLL CALL

Don Carroll, Brenda Clark, George Hockstadter, Charles Leighton, and Danny Withee were present.

 

B.  MINUTES OF THE MEETING

                        1.         Approve September 12, 2012 Meeting Minutes

                        Upon motion by George Hockstadter, seconded by Brenda Clark, it was voted 4 to 1. (Don Carroll abstained because he was not present at the Sept. 12th meeting.)

 

            C. QUIT CLAIM DEEDS 

             None.

 

            D.  WARRANT

           

1.    Payroll Warrant – Approve warrant   #8

Upon motion by Charles Leighton, seconded by
George Hockstadter, it was unanimously voted to approve Payroll Warrant #8.

 

2.    Expenditures – Approve warrant # 10 & #11

Upon motion by George Hockstadter, seconded by Danny Withee, it was unanimously vote to approve Warrant #10.

Upon motion by George Hockstadter,  seconded by Charles Leighton, it was unanimously voted to approve Warrant #11.

            E. BOARD OF ASSESSORS       

            Upon motion by George Hockstadter, seconded by Brenda Clark, it was unanimously voted to sign the 2013 Tax Commitment.       

 

II. OLD BUSINESS

            1.         Town Office Building Update / Locks

                        Diane reported that the estimate (Polar Air) on the Air Exchange System needed for the office in order to deal with the mold will be at least $20,000.  Joe Brasslett is also working on an estimate for inside construction work that will be needed in order to get rid of the mold.  Paul Davis Systems estimate for work that has already been done and removal of carpets and mold treated cleaning is approximately $6,500.  Diane will continue to work on estimated figures for removal and repair of old building and estimates for new building.  Financing will also need to be looked into and a Special Town Meeting Date to deal with these issues.  Diane also reported to the Board that they should be proud of their staff for all the extra efforts and issues that they have had to deal with and have done so in such a positive manner to help the residents of Stetson the best they can.  It was also requested from the Library Board to allow the Town Office Staff to use part of the Closet/Office in the adjoining room to allow us a confidential area and a little more space that is so desperately needed.

Don Carroll questioned the changing of the locks to at least the office area so the amount of keys could be limited.  Robert Frappier was present and stated he would volunteer to replace the locks.

 

 

III. NEW BUSINESS

            1.         CEO application process

The Board discussed the possibility of Mike Kosciusko training under Al Tempesta and office hours being Thursday evenings.  Don Carroll also will contact the one applicant received to discuss those possibilities also.

 

III. COMMITTEE REPORTS

            A.  ANIMAL CONTROL       Nothing.

B.  APPEALS BOARD        Nothing.

            C.  CEMETERY        The Board was given a price list for new markers and Mel Bellefleur was present and stated one of the “new updated metal detectors would detect the present markers that are there now.  Mel will look into borrowing one of these detectors.  William Barriault also reported that the DOT will most likely replace the needed culverts.

            D.  CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER               (see above)                         

            E.  E911         Nothing.

            F.  EDUCATION       Don Carroll reported that the new location is still not confirmed.

            G.  EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS COMMITTEE    Nothing.       

            H.  EMT/RESCUE                Diane reported the old rescue vehicle is gone.

I.   FIRE DEPARTMENT     Diane questioned if the Board approves of continuing the Volunteer Fire Department insurance.  Consensus of the Board was to do so.         

            J.  MEETINGHOUSE           Don Carroll reported that the Inmates from the Penobscot County Program will start painting on October 1st.

K.  PARKS & RECREATION                     Diane reported that the Parks and Rec director would like to use the Walmart Charge card at Sam’s club.  Consensus of the Board was to OK that use.

L.  PLANNING BOARD       Nothing.

            M. PLUMBING INSPECTOR         Nothing.

N. RECYCLING & SOLID WASTE COLLECTION         Reminder of “Big Trash Day” October 20 from 9 to 2   

            O. ROAD COMMISSIONER           William Barriault was present and reported the grading is completed and realizes the Board would like to have a minimum of $30,000 left in the Maintenance Account for Spring time.  Barriault questioned if there was any other projects the Board would like to see completed before Winter sets in.  Consensus of the Board was the School Bus turn-a-round on the Burleigh Road.

P.  STATE LEGISLATIVE CORRESP      Don reported that there is a meeting next Wednesday (10/3/2012)

            Q. TREASURER      Diane reported that the adjusting entries have been received from the auditor and she is in the process of inputting those entries and will have updated financial reports available for the next meeting.  Last years Audit is completed and we received only one “Black Mark” dealing with the Assessor’s Certificate and the additional $80,000.00 voted at the Annual Town Meeting. \

            Diane also reported that the Excise Tax Monies have been received from the Town of Exeter and there was a $71.63 shortage that will be sent to us on their next Warrant.  The Town of Stetson also received a check in the amount of $1,079.00 from MMA Insurance program because of the Town “good standing” dealing with Safety.

R.  WELFARE DIRECTOR                        Nothing.       

S.  MEMEORIAL COMMITTEE      Nothing.

 

T. OTHER     

 

IV.          TRAINING          

Don Carroll will be attending one day of the convention.

 

V.           PUBLIC COMMENTS    

Mel Bellefleur reported the doors at the Meeting House need to be looked at, they are not closing properly and the air blows through under them.

Delores Butler requested permission to purchase a *****************and have Gary Bellefleur install it.  This would save approximately $125.00.

 

VI.          SELECTMEN COMMENTS

None.

 

VII.         EXECUTIVE SESSION

None.

 

VIII.        ADJOURNMENT

 

Upon motion by George Hockstadter, seconded  by Charles Leighton, it was unanimously voted to adjourn the meeting at 7:25 p.m.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________Donald Carroll

 

__________________________________Brenda Clark

 

__________________________________George Hockstadter

 

__________________________________Charles Leighton

 

__________________________________Danny Withee

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minutes recorded by;

Diane Lacadie