TOWN OF STETSON

SELECTMEN’S MINUTES

Date:  October 10, 2012

 

 

 

I.      OPEN MEETING

The meeting was opened with Don Carroll leading the Pledge of Allegiance.

 

A.   ROLL CALL

Don Carroll, Brenda Clark, George Hockstadter, Charles Leighton, and Danny Withee were present.

 

B.  MINUTES OF THE MEETING

                        1.         Approve Meeting Minutes of September 26, 2012

                        Upon motion by George Hockstadter, seconded by Brenda Clark, it was unanimously voted to approve the September 26, 2012 Minutes.

 

B.   QUIT CLAIM DEEDS 

             None.

 

            D.  WARRANT

           

1.    Payroll Warrant – Approve warrant   # 09

Upon motion by Charles Leighton, seconded by George Hockstadter, it was unanimously voted to approve Payroll Warrant #9.

 

2.    Expenditures – Approve warrant  # 12 & 13

Upon motion by George Hockstadter, seconded by Danny Withee, it was unanimously voted to approve Warrant #12.

Upon motion by George Hockstadter, seconded by Brenda Clark, It was unanimously voted to approve Warrant #13.

IT WAS NOTED THAT THE AMOUNT ON MR. WEBBER BILL DEALING WITH MIXING AND LOADING SAID WILL NOT BE PAID UNTIL MMA HAS A CHANCE TO RESPOND TO INTERPERTATION OF THE CONTRACT.

 

            E. BOARD OF ASSESSORS

                        1 Supplemental:     Misty - Rose Frost  bill did not cross over       $192.66

 

 

                        5 Abatements:

1.         Gary Bellefluer:       Vet exempt.              $76.19

2.         Alan Thibodeau      Vet exempt.              $76.19

3.         Brian Furrow           burned prior 4/1      $598.26

4.         Stetson Shore         Reduction                $567.84

5.         Jeanne Durand       burned prior 4/1      $635.44

 

II.    OLD BUSINESS

1.    Update on Office  Building.

Diane reported that we have gathered a lot of information on quotes on repair of the old building and some estimates on the potential new building. 

 

Old building:

Contractor                                  $132,000

Air Exchange Systems:          $  14,000

Mold Remediation                    $    6,000

                                                      _________

Total thus far:                            $152,000

 

New Building:

Materials                                     $22,000  (outer shell and sheetrock)

Cement                                       $14,000

Furnace                          $10,000

Plumbing                                    $  7,000

Electrical                                     ??????

Contractor                                  ??????

Flooring                                      ??????

Etc                                                ??????

 

We have also received some potential financial quotes for financing.  Present estimated quote being $175,000 for 10 years at 3 to 31/2 % financing for a payment of $20,560 to $20,850 annually.

 

2.    CEO applications progress.

Don informed the board that he had spoke with the Applicants.  One applicant was not licensed, and the other one the phone number given had been disconnected.  Mike Kosciusko is still interested and would be available to work Thursday evenings and could possibly be available a few more hours per week if needed.  Diane will contact Mike and ask him to contact Al Tempesta and work something out with him for the 2 of them.  Mike could be licensed by Spring.

Consensus of the Board was to allow Mike to train for the CEO position.

 

III.   NEW BUSINESS

None.

 

 

IV.  COMMITTEE REPORTS

            A.  ANIMAL CONTROL       Nothing.       

B.  APPEALS BOARD        Nothing.

C   CEMETERY        The Board signed Bev Tracy’s Cemetery Deed.  William Barriault reported that he has again spoke with DOT about the entrances and DOT questioned if the present culvert was rotted.  Barriault stated that DOT will take a look and the graves that were sunk are fixed.

D.  CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER   see above.

            E.  E911         Nothing.

            F.  EDUCATION       Nothing.

            G.  EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS COMMITTEE    Nothing.       

            H.  EMT/RESCUE                Nothing.

I.   FIRE DEPARTMENT     Nothing.

            J.  MEETINGHOUSE           Brenda Clark will call Pastor Ray about Meeting House scheduling conflicts.

K.  PARKS & RECREATION         Nothing.       

L.  PLANNING BOARD       Nothing.

            M. PLUMBING INSPECTOR         Nothing.

N. RECYCLING & SOLID WASTE COLLECTION         “Bid Trash” Day scheduled for October 20 from 9 to 2.

            O. ROAD COMMISSIONER  William Barriault was present and informed the Board that Mr. Richard Webber is constantly interrupting his crew and himself.  Barriault asked that Webber be asked to not enter the pit and to stop harassing himself and the crew.  With the combination of the rain and the time spent with Webber, the Winter needs are falling behind schedule.     

P.  STATE LEGISLATIVE CORRESP     

            Q. TREASURER      Nothing.

R.  WELFARE DIRECTOR                        Nothing.       

R.   MEMORIAL COMMITTEE        Nothing.

 

S.   OTHER   

Consensus of the Board was to have Don Carroll attend the Municipal Review Committee Meeting seeking Stetson’s part of the $51,000 to be divided between Charter Towns.

 

V.           TRAINING

Nothing.

 

 

 

 

VI.          PUBLIC COMMENTS    

 

Richard Webber informed the Board that he has had the sand being used for Winter Roads tested and it is too muddy and is going to create slippery conditions if used this Winter, he will also have to have his trucks specially equipped to move the sand out of the trucks.

 

 

VII.         SELECTMEN COMMENTS

George Hockstadter informed the Board that he has researched the health concerns dealing with “Black Toxic Mold” and is very disappointed and concerned that the Town’s Workman’s Comp insurance has refused to pay for the medical issues involving the office staff.   George would like the blessing of the other Board members to allow him to contact the Town Attorney and ask him to look into legal options for the staff in dealing with paid medical treatment.  Don Carroll informed George that he is a selectman and can call an attorney anytime as a Selectman but we were aware the mold was there and for that reason they are not paying.  It is an ongoing problem.

Consensus of the Board was for George to make the call.

George also stated the Mr. Barriault done an excellent job on his road and requested that the Board allow 3 yards of gravel to be delivered to fix the non maintain part of the road.  Charles Leighton stated that he will go take a look at the road. And Don informed George that Herb’s Landing is on the list of State maintained roads that the URIP money is used on.

 

Brenda Clark:  stated that Barriault should also have the sand tested as Mr. Webber stated that he had done.

 

 

VIII.       EXECUTIVE SESSION

Possible next meeting to discuss personnel and legal issues

 

IX.          ADJOURNMENT

Upon motion by George Hockstadter, seconded by Charles Leighton, it was unanimously voted to adjourn the meeting at 7:35 p.m.

 

 

NEXT MEETING TO BE HELD AT THE MEETING HOUSE STARTING AT 5:30 TO ALLOW AN INFORMATIONAL MEETING DEALING WITH MOLD ISSUE AND WHERE TO HEAD FROM HERE.

 

 

 

 

 ______________________________________Donald Carroll

 

_______________________________________Brenda Clark

 

_______________________________________George Hockstadter

 

_______________________________________Charles Leighton

 

_______________________________________Danny Withee

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minutes recorded by;

Diane Lacadie